- Tickets are not required for Commencement.
- Free parking is available at the Coliseum and the Canady Creative Arts Center . There will be parking staff and University Police officers stationed to help direct you to the nearest parking area.
- Graduates whose ceremonies are being held at the Coliseum (May and December) should check-in at the Basketball Practice Facility 60 minutes prior to the ceremony time. No one other than the graduate will be permitted into the check-in area.
- Graduates whose ceremonies are being held at the Canady Creative Arts Center (May only) should check-in 60 minutes prior to the ceremony time. Please follow signs to the check-in area posted inside the building. No one other than the graduate will be permitted into the check-in area.
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- All graduates who have earned hoods will be hooded. Hoods will be carried in, draped over the left arm. Hooders should process in and sit with the graduate they are hooding. Faculty are required to wear regalia to participate.
- Latin honor cords will be distributed by individual colleges prior to graduation day.
- Each ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Graduates needing accessibility services should contact their accessibility specialist.
- Graduates who are approved to graduate in May 2023 will have their names appear in the program.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 48 hours of the ceremony.
- Questions? Contact the Office of University Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility Services for Graduating Students
Graduates needing accessibility services should contact their accessibility specialist.
All ceremonies will be open-captioned. For additional accommodations, please contact the Office of Accessibility Services one week prior to the ceremonies.