Last day to REGISTER to participate in December Commencement is Friday, December 13th.
Saturday, December 21, 2019
- Chambers College of Business and Economics
- Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
- Reed College of Media
- Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
- College of Creative Arts
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Law
- College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences
- Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Public Health
Location: WVU Coliseum
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Regalia is available for purchase
online from Herff Jones
or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- Doctoral candidates will be hooded onstage by a faculty member of their choice or a WVU administrator. Master’s candidates will not be hooded on stage and should wear their hoods to the ceremony.
- Tickets are NOT required and there are no restrictions on the number of guests a graduate may bring. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- The ceremonies will be webcast for friends and families who are unable to attend in person. The webcast link will go live approximately ten minutes before the start of each ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 72 hours of the ceremony.
DISCLAIMER: Registration to walk in December Commencement is not a record of degrees awarded. Names listed in the December Commencement program are taken from applications for graduation made to WVU’s Office of the University Registrar for August and December graduation. Registration for graduation does not ensure that graduate names appear in the program and participation in Commencement exercises does not constitute graduation from West Virginia University.