December 19, 2020
Given the change in WVU’s Fall semester calendar and the fluid Covid situation, we are assessing our December 19th date. We will update this information as decisions are finalized.
Your personalized graduation video clipYour special moment on stage will be captured on video and we are gifting you a personalized video clip. Your StageClip will feature screen titles showing your name and commencement date, and will capture the moment you cross the stage and receive your diploma cover. Your StageClip is designed to be downloaded and can be easily shared on your social networks. You will be emailed after your ceremony has taken place to notify you when your clip is available on the StageClip website. Don't forget to tag your StageClip using #WVUgrad .
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Regalia is available for purchase
Herff Jones or in person from the
- Doctoral candidates will be hooded onstage by a faculty member of their choice or a WVU administrator. Master’s degree candidates will not be hooded on stage and should wear their hoods to the ceremony.
- Tickets are NOT required and there are no restrictions on the number of guests a graduate may bring. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- The ceremonies will be webcast for friends and families who are unable to attend in person. The webcast link will go live approximately 10 minutes before the start of each ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 72 hours of the ceremony.
- Questions? Contact the Office of University Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-7132.
DISCLAIMER: Registration to walk in December Commencement is not a record of degrees awarded. Names listed in the December Commencement program are taken from applications for graduation made to WVU’s Office of the University Registrar for August and December graduation. Registration for graduation does not ensure that graduate names appear in the program and participation in Commencement exercises does not constitute graduation from West Virginia University.