Saturday, December 21, 2019
Location: WVU Coliseum
- Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
- John Chambers College of Business and Economics
- Reed College of Media
- Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
- College of Creative Arts
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Law
- College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences
- Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Public Health
*NEW* Your personalized graduation video clip
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Regalia is available for purchase
or in person from the
- Doctoral candidates will be hooded onstage by a faculty member of their choice or a WVU administrator. Master’s degree candidates will not be hooded on stage and should wear their hoods to the ceremony.
- Tickets are NOT required and there are no restrictions on the number of guests a graduate may bring. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- The ceremonies will be webcast for friends and families who are unable to attend in person. The webcast link will go live approximately ten minutes before the start of each ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 72 hours of the ceremony.
DISCLAIMER: Registration to walk in December Commencement is not a record
degrees awarded. Names listed in the December Commencement program are taken
from applications for graduation made to WVU’s Office of the University
Registrar for August and December graduation. Registration for graduation
not ensure that graduate names appear in the program and participation in
exercises does not constitute graduation from West Virginia University.
Please help us shape future ceremonies by completing our survey.
The survey will open at 10am on December 21st and remain open through January 21, 2020.
If you miss the deadline and still want to provide feedback, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you!