- Students are required to wear caps and gowns. Purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- Graduates should check-in approximately one hour prior to the start of the ceremony. Please do not arrive earlier as this may impact previous ceremonies.
- Graduates who are graduating at the Coliseum must line up at the Basketball Practice Facility before entering.
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar. If you are graduating in August or December, you must obtain written permission from your Dean to walk in the May commencement ceremony. The names of August and December graduates will NOT appear in the May program.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 48 hours of the ceremony.
- Look for Commencement Volunteers wearing WVU lanyards if you have questions. Volunteers will be stationed at Information Kiosks at the Coliseum and Creative Arts Center before, during and after events.
- For students needing a letter of invitation for guests traveling from out of the country. Please fill out this visit letter form. If you have any questions, please visit International Students and Scholar Services for more information.
- Shuttles will be available from parking lots to ceremony locations.