- Parking will be available in the Blue Lot between the Milan Puskar Stadium and Ruby Memorial Hospital. Parking staff and University Police will be on site to direct traffic to the available spaces.
- Graduates should check-in at the Caperton Indoor Practice Facility 90 minutes prior to the ceremony time. Please have your mobile ticket ready for scanning at the door for check-in.
- You must have pre-registered and claimed your mobile ticket for entry at check-in. Ticket information can be found under the Ticket Info tab above.
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- Masters and Doctoral graduates will be hooded.
- The ceremony will last approximately two - three hours.
- Graduates needing accessibility services should contact their accessibility specialist.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the
WVU Office of the Registrar. If you are graduating in August, you must obtain
written permission from your Dean to walk in the May Commencement ceremony.
The names of August graduates will NOT appear in the May program.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 48 hours of the ceremony.
- Questions? Contact the Office of University Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.