- Students are required to wear caps and gowns. Purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- Doctoral graduates will be hooded onstage by either a faculty member of their choosing or a WVU administrator.
- Master’s graduates will not be hooded on stage and should wear their hoods to the ceremony.
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Graduates needing accessibility services should contact their accessibility specialist.
Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar. If you are graduating in May, you must obtain written permission from your Dean to walk in the December Commencement ceremony. The names of May graduates will NOT appear in the December program.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 48 hours of the ceremony.
- A personalized graduation video clip will be emailed after your ceremony has taken place to notify you when your clip is available on the StageClip website. Don't forget to tag your StageClip using #WVUgrad