Before the Ceremony
- Check the ceremony schedule for the day and time of your ceremony.
- Download your ticket to your digital device. You will need to show your digital ticket to enter the facility. Steps to download tickets and transfer tickets to guests.
- Anyone over the age of 2 must have a valid ticket to enter the stadium. Those under the age of 2 must receive a “lap pass” at the Mountaineer Ticket Office at the north entrance prior to entering the stadium.
- Printed tickets will not scan properly. You must have a valid ticket on a mobile device ready to scan to enter the facility. It may be best to have one person carry the tickets on their mobile device and scan all guest tickets at entry.
- Tickets for graduates and their guests are only valid for the ceremony that the graduate is registered for.
- Review the Clear Bag Policy. Purses, backpacks, etc. cannot be brought into the stadium.
- Prepare for an outdoor event. The ceremony will last 2-3 hours.
- Appropriate footwear is highly recommended for the outdoor venue and variety of surfaces.
- Umbrellas are not permitted in the stadium.
- Ponchos will be provided to graduates upon arrival at the stadium to wear over caps and gowns if rain is expected to ensure a uniform look for all graduates.
- Park in designated areas. University Police and Parking staff will direct you to designated lots: Red Lot, Brown Lot, Green Lot and portions of the Blue Lot.
- Handicap accessible parking is available in the Light Blue and Teal lots with a visible placard or upon request when you arrive. Enter the stadium through the South East entrance.
- Shuttles to/from the stadium will be available.
- Graduates: Check in 90 minutes before your ceremony at the Caperton Indoor Facility (also known as the Indoor Practice Facility). Only registered participants and hooders are permitted inside.
Guests: Stadium gates open 90 minutes before each ceremony. Enter through
the North, North East, North West and South East gates. Elevator access
is available at the South East entrance. Staff will direct you to your seating
During the Ceremony
Follow all safety guidelines. Masks and social distancing are required. Call (304-293-FANS) or text
(83200) with concerns about safety protocol enforcement in your seating area.
- Restrooms and concessions will be open. Concessions will sell non-alcoholic beverages only (no food). Please limit your time in the concourse areas and enclosed spaces within the stadium.
- Ceremonies will proceed rain or shine, except for lightning or other weather emergencies.
- Guests should not approach the field or stage to take photos, present gifts or congratulate graduates.
- Need assistance? Ask a WVU volunteer. Look for University volunteers wearing WVU lanyards if you have questions. Volunteers will be stationed at Guest Services tables at the stadium entrances.
- Lost and Found: Call 304-293-7132. Items will be kept for 90 days.
- View live ceremonies at webcast.wvu.edu.
- GradImages will provide photography. Graduates will receive an email with a link, within 48 hours but usually sooner, to their photos and can buy prints if they choose.
In-Stadium Procedure for Graduates
- Graduates will walk up on stage from the south tunnel, have their name called and take a photo at one of three stations as soon as they enter the bleachers in sections 101-103.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times while inside the stadium, except briefly when taking the official photograph on stage.
- All graduates who have earned hoods will be hooded. Hoods will be carried in, draped over the left arm. Hooders should process in and sit with the graduate they are hooding. Faculty are required to wear regalia to participate; legacy hooders can wear regalia if they have it or street clothes.
- Graduates will be directed to sections 101-103 in the bleachers for seating; physical distancing will be enforced in those seats.
- There will be limited seating on the sidelines for graduates/hooders who are unable to traverse steps.
- When the ceremony concludes, graduates will be directed up the steps to the concourse to avoid gatherings on the field and will exit through the north entrance.
- Graduates will be dismissed first, followed by guests.