- Students are required to wear caps and gowns. Purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- Doctoral graduates will be hooded onstage by either a faculty member of their choosing or a WVU administrator.
- Master’s graduates will not be hooded on stage and should wear their hoods to the ceremony.
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- To arrange accommodations for graduates or guests with disabilities, contact WVU’s Office of Accessibility Services at 304-293-6700.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar. If you are graduating in May 2016, you must obtain written permission from your Dean to walk in the December Commencement ceremony. The names of May graduates will NOT appear in the December program.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 72 hours of the ceremony.