See the Academic Calendar for future dates.
- Graduates must report to the Coliseum’s 2nd level Red Gate by 12:30 p.m. to check-in and receive instructions for line-up. The processional begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Regalia is available for purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- Doctoral candidates will be hooded onstage by a faculty member of their choice or a WVU administrator. Master’s candidates will not be hooded on stage and should wear their hoods to the ceremony.
- Tickets are NOT required and there are no restrictions on the number of guests a graduate may bring. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- To arrange accommodations for graduates or guests with disabilities, contact WVU’s Office of Accessibility Services at 304-293-6700.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar. If you are graduating in May 2016, you must obtain written permission from your Dean to walk in the December Commencement ceremony. The names of May graduates will NOT appear in the December program. Contact University Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-7132 for more information.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 24 hours of the ceremony.
- Following the ceremony, please take a moment to share your opinion of WVU Commencement. Your responses will be used to strengthen and shape future events: https://urwvu.wufoo.com/forms/wvu-commencement-survey-december-2015/