- The Commencement address will be given by Ken Gray, WVU’s Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Doctoral graduates will be hooded onstage by either a faculty member of their choosing or a WVU administrator.
- Master’s graduates will not be hooded on stage and should wear their hoods to the ceremony.
- Students will check in at the 2nd level Red Gate by 2:30 p.m. The processional begins promptly at 3:30 p.m.
- Students will have their names read aloud, process across the stage and receive congratulations. Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar.
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Tickets are NOT required and there are no restrictions on the number of guests a student may bring.
- Free parking is available at the Coliseum. Additional parking information can be found on the WVU Campus Map.
- To arrange accommodations for graduates or guests with disabilities, contact WVU’s Office of Accessibility Services.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 24 hours of the ceremony.
- Questions? Graduation@mail.wvu.edu or 304-293-7132
Participation in commencement exercises does not guarantee the completion of one’s degree.