See the Academic Calendar for future dates.
- Graduates must report to the Coliseum’s 2nd level Red Gate by 12:30 p.m. to check-in and receive instructions for line-up. The processional begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Regalia is available for purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- Doctoral candidates will be hooded onstage by a faculty member of their choice or a WVU administrator. Master’s candidates will not be hooded on stage and should wear their hoods to the ceremony.
- Tickets are NOT required and there are no restrictions on the number of guests a graduate may bring. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- To arrange accommodations for graduates or guests with disabilities, contact WVU’s Office of Accessibility Services at 304-293-6700.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 24 hours of the ceremony.